In a break with tradition this daddy blogger has been carrying out genuine non-scientific research to prove that despite my protestations to the contrary - mum really does know best!
1. Mums never forget
Mums are born with a brain enhancement called the "store-all" by scientists. This gives them the ability to remember eveything they have ever been told.
- Want to know when Sabrina's birthday is? Ask mum.
- Want to know what grade W got for History 2 years ago last November? Ask mum.
- Want to know when M's follow-up appointment with the orthodontist is? Ask mum.
Dads try very hard to develop the store-all - but it just ain't happening.
2. Mums are better at wrapping up
- Want to give a present that looks good before it is opened?
- Want to give a present that doesn't look like a monkey has been playing football with it?
It is a scientific fact that dads can't wrap up - we just can't. Our presents always end up scrunched up rather than wrapped up. Whereas mums know what to do with ribbon and never lose the end of a roll of Sellotape.
3. Mums have the better fashion sense
Not sure which colours go together?
Worried about making a fashion faux pas?
Never ever ask dad or you'll end up with your tights outside your pants and/or a blue/brown clothes combination.
They say that outside appearances don't matter but when you have been dressed by dad, believe me they do!
|By Liz Clayton. From www.falmouth.ac.uk|
4. Mums know that carrots are better for you than chocolate
Looking to fulfill your 5 a day? Want to see in the dark rather than glow in the dark?
Mums were born knowing that 1 leaf of iceberg lettuce and a glass of Cherry Cola do not constitute 2 of the essential 5.
They know about minerals, fibre and vitamins and do not fear them!
5. Mums smell nicer
This again is a scientific fact. Mums just smell nice.
Ask yourself this question: Who would you prefer to sit next to on a six hour coach journey?
If you possess a sense of smell then you know the answer as the lack of a "stinking after a curry" washed down with a pint of Old Thumper 3 days ago faultline within their genetic mixtape counts very much in a mum's favour.